Biz as usual? Nope!
I’m not one for convention and my career has definitely shown that.
I’ve always been two halves and it’s only as I’ve got older that I’ve seen that as my strength.
Even at school, I was the only person ever in my school to do PE and Physics at A Level. I just like to do it my way!
This has continued throughout my career and has led to some amazing adventures
and twists & turns along the way. Here are a few of them…
- 2002: Lived in a hammock in the Belizian jungle for 3 months doing conservation work then worked for a holiday company in France.
- 2003: Studied Physics and Maths at Uni (Meteorology to be precise but that means people normally think I studied meteorites for 3 years!)
- 2006: Started with KPMG and became a Chartered Accountant which basically means I can use ACA after my name
- 2009: Studied Fashion Buying and Merchandising at London College of Fashion
- 2010: Became Finance Manager at a fashion company in London
- 2011: Studied furniture restoration as thought this was my next move ????
- 2012: Moved into Pharma instead working in business and financial planning and analysis. Found coaching for the first time!
- 2013: Travelled around the world (again) starting my Financial Consultancy business as I went. First gig was in Kenya. Started training as a Coach.
- 2014: Continued Finance biz and started back at Pharma 9-5. Got married, bought a house and obtained my diploma in nutrition.
- 2015: Made redundant and started coaching business, securing paying clients within a month of qualifying
- 2016: Focus back on Financial Consultancy biz as became pregnant with first child
- 2017: Continued to put main focus on Financial business whilst coaching in spare time & looking after baby
- 2018: Had second child. General chaos of having 2 under 2’s ensues!
- 2019: Husband left for Afghanistan for 21 months. Started coaching business back up again whilst looking after <1 and 2 year olds.
- 2020: Started an award winning, top ranking podcast and created and sold first online courses
- 2021: All to be played for…but big plans afoot. Growing the podcast, speaking at more live events, new products and focusing on nurturing my community!
So as you see, there’s no such thing as business as usual
Just you, your story and how everything you’ve ever done all goes into making you the unique unicorn you really are.
So if you’re worried you don’t have the “right” past to go after your dream, think again. The fact you can dream it means you have absolutely everything you need right now.
If you want to know more about the personal side of me (post natal depression, near drowning experience, you know, the normal stuff?!) then click below.